The map allows you to track your drivers and customer pickup locations in real-time. You can get to the map using the icon in the left navigation bar or by clicking on the icon in the top menu which toggles back and forth from the map to the dashboard.
When in the map screen you will see a map with cars icons representing your drivers and people icons representing the pickup locations the cars are traveling to in order to pick up a customer. Driver vehicles are color coded to show their state. The legend can be seen at the top of the map:
You can also toggle the map to show:
- Vehicles - These are the drivers. Unchecking this box will hide all your drivers so you can see only reservations, traffic, or a heat map. This toggle is useful for simplifying the map and eliminating the cars when you are trying to get an overview of your reservations or to see the traffic at the present time.
- Heatmap - This shows the areas which have the highest number of reservations or pickups based on your job history
- Traffic - Shows the current traffic overlayed on the map. This is useful for dispatchers to guide vehicles around hot-spots and problem areas.
- Reservations - This shows the upcoming reservation pickups.
Selecting a specific vehicle lists all the details about the vehicle and its route:
These toggles are found at the top right of the map:
The list of drivers can be found on the left side of the map:
Finally, as with any google map you have the standard map controls:
- toggles between map/satellite map images for the base map UI
- allows the user to zoom in/out on the map
- can be dragged anywhere on the map for a street view image of the specific location